Saturday 10 September 2011

Another protagonist drawing

This is a quick sketch that I did just now and it is loosely based on Mega Man, another fairly boyish character designed to blast monsters and robots, pictured below; I have somewhat simplified the character design to make it easier to model and rig when I take it into Maya.  I am considering possibly getting rid of the massive balls around his legs and knees only as they may prove tricky when it comes to rigging and weight painting.

I have decided to develop the idea of making him more childlike, with strong warrior traits.  I have also decided that he works better without a helmet as this makes him look more youthful, and I think it will make it easier for us to engage and empathise with him.  The next thing I need to do is experiment with the colour scheme of the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment